Sunday, June 29, 2008

Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies


My favorite "comfort" food is homemade chocolate chip cookies. Therefore I cannot make them very often or else I would weigh 300 lbs. But my kids absolutely love to make them and they are always asking me if we can make them. I usually give in about once a month on a Saturday or Sunday when I feel like cheating on my diet. So today we did, and all 3 of the kids helped me. I decided that I would really let them help, no matter how messy it got. It turned out great and everyone had fun. It only took me a few extra minutes to clean up the kitchen and it was worth all the smiles.

4 comments:

Benner said...

that's awesome rachel. Holli and I both think you are an awesome mommy. Your kids love you and Reid so much. We learn tons from you. Thanks for being such an great sister in law!

Jodi said...

So this is a great lesson in mommy patience. I guess it really is worth the smiles. I need to allow messiness more in my house AND cookies. You are a great mommy!

Layton Mom said...

I love homemade cookies. MMMMM! Making cookies with kids definitely tries the patience but like you said it is well worth the smiles and good memories. :)

Natalie♥ said...

you are such a good mom!