Saturday, April 28, 2012

Mitchel's 8th birthday and baptism

Mitchel got baptised today, what a wonderful day it has been.  I felt so happy and peaceful today at his baptism, I wish that that I always could have that feeling.  Mitchel is such a wonderful son, he helps me more than he will ever know.  I can always count on him to be the first one to jump up and help me if I need it.  Not that my other kids don't help me because they are wonderful too, but Mitch seems to be extra sensitive about being a good helper.  Since Reid has been out of the road driving Mitchel has really stepped up and been even more helpful than ever.  Not that he is a perfect child, he still gives me a hard time about waking up in the morning for school, and going to bed at night, and he never wants to do his homework.  But we can't be perfect in every area, right? 

He turned 8 on the 26th, which was thursday.  We sent cookies with him to school to share with his classmates, and then that night we went to McDonalds for dinner.  Then today was the baptism and after the baptism we had a party at our house.  We had lunch and then cake and ice cream and opened up some presents.  It was fun to have everyone over to play.











He got a rip stick, a sleeping bag and a dirt bike shirt from Mom and Dad.  He got his scout uniform and book from Grandma and Grandpa Sargent.  He got a football and a water jug from Grandpa and Grandma Fuhriman, he got some money, some new outfits, a frisbee, a journal, some books, and a watch from his aunts and uncles.  He really got spoiled.  We are very blessed to have our families so close to us not only in proximity, but also such good friends to us.  I don't know what we would do without them.

No comments: