Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Day 2011

We had a very nice Thanksgiving this year. We went with my Dad's side of the family for dinner at the Kearney building. My family has been celebrating Thanksgiving with the Sargent family for at least 40 years. I never knew Thanksgiving any other way until I got married. I suppose we will continue to celebrate it with the Sargent family at least until my grandma passes away. Sometimes I feel like we are eating dinner with a bunch of people that I don't know very well since we don't see these cousins very often. But it is good to renew these relationships and I know that Grandma loves it.

This year I invited my friend Kathy Peterson to have dinner with us. Her husband Jim passed away 1 year ago and she doesn't have any children or family in the area. I invited her but didn't think she would actually come, but she did. I really enjoyed her company and hope that she enjoyed herself as well. I have known Kathy for about 18 years, we worked together at Melaleuca years ago and have just kept in touch all these years. She is such a sweet lady and one of my favorite people in the whole world. She has really struggled with Jim's death as anyone who lost a spouse would, but she doesn't have the same religious belief's as I do and I think that she feels very lost. It really makes you realize how lucky we are to know the truth that families can be together forever and have a knowledge of where we go after we die. I hope that I can always be a friends to Kathy.
Reid and Carolina getting ready for dinner
Savanna and Mitchel playing some basketball after dinner
Treyton and Daxton (Alan and Annette Sargent's son)
My Dad and Kathy Peterson cleaning up
Me and Kathy
Reid and I
Steve and Angie
My Mom
My Dad and Reid
Uncle Neil, Grandma and Dad
Stevan, Reid and Kathy
Ruth, Denise, Adam, Leah and Tony
Kent and Naomi
Sara and Shane
Carolina

1 comment:

Mickey said...

Oh Rachel this looks like so much fun. I remember when we, the Campbell family used to meet like this, for Christmas. I miss it. Enjoy it while you can because it is a special time.
I am so glad you invited Kathy. She is a wonderful person.