Sunday, November 20, 2011

Major life changes

I haven't updated my blog in a while because I have been a little depressed. I am trying to snap out of it, but it is what it is. I use my blog as our family journal and then print it out each year so I have a copy of it, so I wanted to document this part of our lives as well.

At the beginning of October Reid lost his job at the INL. The very day that he found out he lost it he had a new job working for Doug Andrus Distributing driving truck. I love my husband so much for being willing to do whatever it takes to support our family. Most people would have probably at least taken a day to mourn the loss of a job and to get their head on straight before starting to look for something new, but not my husband.

This whole change has been very difficult for both of us. His driving job takes him away from home from Sunday until Thursday night. So far he has been able to be home all day Friday and Saturday and then he leaves again Sunday morning. It is extremely physically demanding working very long days and not sleeping much at night. He has to help load and unload the salt and lumber that he hauls. We are very thankful for the job and in this economy feel very blessed to have it, but know that he won't be able to continue doing it for the long term, it is just very hard on the family and on his health and mental well-being.

I know that our Heavenly Father is very aware of us in our individual lives and that he blesses us, and I do feel extremely blessed because we have so many blessings in our lives. I am also very aware that this trial is small in comparison to some of the other trials that people have in their lives so I don't want anyone to think that I am complaining because I am not. But I also want to be able to look back on this time in our lives and remember it for what it really is. I feel like through this trial I have been brought closer to my Heavenly Father, to my wonderful husband, and to my family. I have seen the generosity of others and have had to learn how to be on the receiving end of service. I hope that I can do the same for others.

4 comments:

Valeen said...

Rachel, I commend you on your good attitude through this trial. And it is definitely okay to be a little depressed about it too. Keep up the good work. I have missed your posts. I am glad you are back. Love ya! Val

stevie kay said...

I'm sorry about Reid's old job. My FIL works for Andrus, as well, and it's a lot of hard work. I hope when the timing is right that Reid can find something that keeps him home more!

becky ward said...

nope, that can't be easy on a family. your faith that heavenly father is aware of you will get you through this.

Mickey said...

Rachel, You are wonderful. Thank you for being the support and comfort that Reid needs. You have a wonderful family, and I know things are going to work out. Thank you for sharing your sweet testimony. Thank you for being you, Our wonderful Rachel.