Tuesday, August 30, 2011

End of the summer slow down

You can see on their chore charts that the stickers got more sparse as the summer went on.



I started out the summer very motivated to get lots done and have lots of fun with the kids. We did have lots of fun, but didn't get as much done as I was hoping. I made a chore/reading chart for my 3 oldest kids and each day that they did their reading and workbooks that I got them they got a sticker. And each day that they got their assigned chores done they got a sticker. Each sticker was worth .25 cents. At the beginning of the summer we did good on almost every day, but I noticed that as the summer went on, I lost my drive and so did the kids. In fact by last week I don't think that anybody got any stickers. I felt like a bit of a failure as a mother, especially on the reading part. But at least we started off good, right? Maybe I am just trying to make myself feel better.

We did have lots of fun, just so I don't forget I am making a list of some of the highlights:
-t-ball, and pitching machine the whole month of June
-swimming lessons
-Rigby Lake about 4 times
-Rexburg Rapids once
-Ross Park once
-Boating 3 or 4 times
-3 family reunions
-Swimming at the Ammon pool twice
-Camping 3 times
-dirt biking
-trip to Boise for motorbike race
-numerous bike rides outside
-numerous BBQ's
-numerous picnics at the park
-Sleeping out on the tramp as a family once
-Many walks through the neighborhood.
And I'm sure many more things that I can't even begin to think of.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Can you believe the summer is over?! You had a lot of fun and I'm impressed with your chore charts.