Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter weekend 2011

We had an incredibly busy, and fun Easter weekend.

We started out on Friday night with a baby shower for Leah who is due with her first baby girl on May 20th. The shower was a huge success and we had a great time.

Then on Saturday morning we got up early and got dressed up and met with the Fuhriman family for family pictures. For as many people- mostly little kids that we had there I think it went pretty good.

We then went over to Reid's parents house for an Easter Egg hunt. The kids had a ball finding all their eggs.

We then hustled over to my parents house for her Easter egg hunt. My Mom had all goodies and toys hidden around her yard for the kids. They had to find only the things that had their names on it.

After that hunt we went back over to Reid's parents house for Easter dinner. It was delicious. After spending several hours over there we headed home and decorated eggs. The kids enjoyed it, but after such a long day we were so tired!

The Easter bunny made it to our house last night, and we all got spoiled. The kids each got a pair of rain boots, and they each got something fun. Savanna got a kit to help make your own Knot-quilt, Mitch got a big floor puzzle of the map of the U.S., Treyton got a track with a truck, and Carolina got some books. Along with some candy for each of them.

It was pretty cute this morning when Treyton came to wake me up. I had told them the night before not to go into the living room until they come and get me, and that we had to wait until Dad got home from work (he was working nights). So when Treyton came in my room I told him we had to wait until Dad got home. I turned on some cartoons and after a few minutes he said "I think that the Easter bunny brought me rain boots." I asked him why he thought that and he said, "Well, I just wanted some". I asked him if he peaked, and he insisted that he didn't. I thought it was pretty cute.

The kids all got dressed up in their new Easter outfits, we had a great day at church and then headed over to my parents for Easter dinner. We had a great time with my family. My Mom had Easter baskets for us over there. The kids each got a pair of crocks, and a hat, and Reid and I each got a new shirt.

I feel very lucky to have such a wonderful family to celebrate such a special day with!

Savanna and her cousins Emily, Anna and Addi after family pictures.

Carolina really getting into the egg hunt


Savanna


Treyton


Mitch climbing the tree to get some eggs


Carolina's first egg hunt that she could walk at


Sargent cousins with their annual bunny ear pictures


Sargent cousins with their new animal hats

Mitch, he was on a constant run so I couldn't get a good picture of him

My Savanna


Treyton


Savanna and Treyton


Savanna with her haul


My kids dying their eggs





My kids baskets after the Easter bunny came


My kids in their new Easter outfits!


No comments: