Sunday, November 28, 2010

Savanna's bedroom

This is Reid after sanding. He was a mess, and you can see all the dust in the air. He doesn't like doing the mudding, but decided that he couldn't justify paying someone else to do it.
The closet
You can see the trim

We are very close to having Savanna's room in the basement done. We told her we would have it done by Christmas and it shouldn't be a problem to get it done now. I was starting to worry just a bit about that goal because it seems that Reid is so busy. He has had a pretty big painting job in Island Park, and it seems like he has been spending several days fixing cars lately, not to mention his normal job. But lucky for us he has had a few days here and there that he has been able to focus on the room downstairs. I am so impressed with his ability to get things done and how if he doesn't know how to do something he figures it out. He has pretty much done the entire room by himself, excluding a small amount of help from our Dad's. Reid definately does not get enough credit for all that he does. I love you Reid!

Savanna is very excited to move down to her new room, we just have paint and carpet left!

4 comments:

Natalie♥ said...

How fun for Savanna to get a new bedroom all to herself :) I bet she will love that! I can't wait to see the final project. She is lucky to have a handy man for a Daddy.

Mickey said...

I am grateful that Reid will tackle the job. It is the only way he got his own bedroom as a child, and it makes it special to have "daddy" build my room. I think you are awesome Reid. Thank you for helping out with the cars. You were once again a life savor.

Lori said...

Looking good! Reid is a pretty good guy to have around when something needs a fix'in. How fun for Savanna!

Nat said...

If you need help painting at all (not that I'm great at it, and I know that Reid has painted a lot in the past), feel free to call me. I like to paint.