Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Suprise! What a morning!

So rude! This is our fence!





Mitchel out playing in the snow!
Yes, it is April 6th!

So I woke up this morning at 6:00 am with Carolina. While I was feeding her I turned on the morning news and found out that school was cancelled because of snow. Hello it is April 6th! No school closures in Dec, Jan, Feb or March, but in April. Oh well, I can at least turn off the alarm and go back to sleep.

Then at about 8:30 am I get a knock on the door and it is the police- oh crap! Reid still isn't home from work, my first thought is that something horrible happened. Luckily, it was just that our fence has been vandalised. How annoying, are you kidding me. This is such a senseless crime. Oh well, no sense in fretting about it, it could be much worse.

Then when Reid got home he told me that his Mom got in a car accident this morning on her way to work and totalled her car. But luckily she is ok.
What a crazy morning, but at least everyone is doing alright.

8 comments:

Nancy J said...

Hopefully the rest of the day will slow down for you. I would be so mad about the fence. Kids just don't realize what they are doing. Do you have a way to clean it?

Zoe said...

Steve was just saying the other day that there hadn't been any graffiti since the last time the neighbourhood got some. How sad it happened again, I'm sorry, it's a such a pain!!! I hope you're mother in law is ok too.

Janae -- Thoughts in Vinyl said...

Crazy morning. I have had the police come to my door once before and I opened it with tears in my eyes and a pit in my stomach...turned out they came to the wrong house!
That stinks about your fence!
Hope you mother in law is alright, the roads were awful this morning.

The Staker Family said...

That graffiti makes me so mad, I just want to kick those dumb kids, and believe me if I saw them I probably would! I am sorry to hear about your MIL, I was super worried about Allan going to work today, he said it was like driving on a sheet of ice, yuck!

Roxanne said...

Hang in there! What a crazy day! Glad the I love great neighbors!

Roxanne said...

oops---that was supposed to say...Glad the fence cleaned up. I love great neighbors:)

Garling Ranch said...

Wow! This shocks me! I can't believe that someone came and vandalized your fence. Especially in Idaho! Guess it happens everywhere. Good luck cleaning it!

Mickey said...

Well, it looks like it was quite a day for all of us. Sorry about your fence. It so dumb that precious time has to be use to clean up another persons mess. I for one would just like to start the day over. I would do a few things differently.