Friday, November 13, 2009

Stress!

I am posting this more for my own personal journal purposes. For the last week or so I have been getting hives at night. It happens right around bedtime. I have had them on different parts of my body, and sometimes other weird things like my lip swelling up, or my toes swelling, and sometimes I feel like I am having really bad heart burn. It is the same kind of symptoms that I get when I take ibuprofen. I have been trying to figure out what I am allergic too. But I haven't been able to pin point anything. It is really frustrating, because it is too irritating to not do anything about it so I have to take bendryl to relieve the symptoms.

Several people have asked me if I have been stressed, well yes I have been. Not about one particular thing, just life in general. I seems like I can't get on top of things lately. With the kids in school, and everyone needing to get where they need to be, homework, reading, speech therapy, potty training, worrying about your kids being successful, my house work, my job, church callings, losing weight, family responsibilities, finances, Reid's work schedule, etc., etc.... I have just been feeling a bit overwhelmed. I am starting to wonder if these hives have been brought on by stress. It is usually at night during the bedtime hour that I stress the most, especially if Reid is working, this could really explain the hives coming then. I have decided today that I am going to let some things go, not to stress about the things that I don't have control over. I will do the best that I can and let that be good enough. If my house is a mess, who cares, as long as it doesn't get too bad, no one is going to judge me and if they do that is their problem. This too shall pass, before I know it my kids will be grown up, I want to enjoy this time more!! That is my new goal, try to enjoy the time and not stress. Let's see if this helps with the hives!!! If not I guess we know it isn't the stress that is causing them.

2 comments:

Mickey said...

Rachel, I am so sorry you have had such a terrible experience with hives. I know they are awful. I also know that stress is the number one culprit. If it helps, I think you are wonderful, and amazing for all that you do. You are always doing something with your kids, and also taking time for you. You are a wonderful mom, wife, and an extra special daughter-in-law, and friend. You just keep smiling, and hugging.

Robin said...

It is so hard to me a Mom, harder than I ever realized. I've learned not to worry about the things I can't change and rely on the Lord to help me with the things I can change. Be easy on yourself. I think you're awesome and I hope you give yourself all the credit you deserve!