Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thoughts on Motherhood

Ok I was laying in bed trying to go to sleep because I know that my night won't be long. Carolina is not feeling well so I'm sure she won't sleep long, and Treyton is sick also and I'm sure I'll be up with him as well. But I can't get a few things out of my head so I wanted to get them down.

Sometimes as women we tend to judge ourselves against those around us. We think I don't do it as well as so and so. If my house could only be as clean as my neighbors, or I wish I was as thin as that lady in my ward. We need to quit doing that. I was talking to my sister-in-law Angie today and we decided that we as women are all busy and we are all doing the very best that we can in our current situation. And so we need to quit judging ourselves and judging others too harshly.

I worry about being the mother of 4 children. I worry if I am giving each one of them the love, attention and time that they each need as individuals. I don't want to mess this up, it is the most important job that I have been given. I love the women around me and I am so thankful to have good examples of motherhood.

I am thankful for a good Mom who taught me, and hopefully I can be at least partly as good to my children as she is to me. And I am thankful that she is such a good grandma to my children.

I am thankful to a good Mother in law that raised a good Man so that I can have a good husband and father for my children.

I am thankful to wonderful sisters and sister-in-laws that love me unconditionally and are also little mother's to my children.

I am thankful to good friends and ward members that show me good examples of Motherhood and that help me want to be better.

I need to be grateful for my own situation in life. I would not want to walk in anyone elses shoes, I will keep my own problems. All I have to do is look around and it makes me grateful for what I have.

9 comments:

Nancy J said...

What a great reminder. We all worry about what kind of mothers we are. I guess that pushes us to be better. You are a wonderful mom!

Shanda said...

Well put Rach! So true isn't it?? We just take ourselves for granted too much when we need to remember that we are just as good as so and so! You never know when so and so is wanting what WE have right? :)

Jodi said...

Amen! I think you are an amazing mother and women!!!

Robin said...

I've had some of the same thoughts lately. Thanks for sharing. You are an example to me.

Emily Empey said...

I just read your entire blog!! Your kids are ADORABLE!!!! So fun to see you again!! I am really good friends with Holli so it was fun to see the post about Julia!

I love your post on Motherhood! i am always critisizing myself- My house is never as clean as others- I can't lose my baby weight and everything! I am sooo rude t omyself! I always wonder am I being as good of a Mother as my sisters or friends in the ward! Anyway so on and so on!

Thanks for teh post i really appreciate it!!

Unknown said...

Rachel, you are awesome, and I love and appreciate you so much. Thank you for the sweet thoughts, and thank you for being a wonderful companion for that son of mine! You have a beautiful family and I am lucky and grateful.

Mickey said...

I love it when i never check to see whos name I am going under. the comments from steve are from me, but I know he feels the same way!

Nat said...

You're so cute, and an AMAZING mom!

Garling Ranch said...

I love what you said in this post! Very inspiring. You are an amazing mother! About the trailer...well, we decided to fix it up so we can take it on trips, etc. I liked it so much, I didn't want the cats living in it...so we got the cats their own little barn. As you can see, we like to change our minds on things a lot. Oh well, I am just glad we have a trailer now so we can go out camping! Yeah!