Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I was not prepared for this

We have banned them to the floor to watch a movie so that they don't hurt themselves.




You can kind of tell that they are out of it. I wish we had video taped them when they first came out of the dentist.

Today Mitch and Treyton had dentist appointments to get their many cavities filled. I have blogged about this before, but for some reason my boys have bad teeth. No matter how regularly we brush, floss, take flouride, limit pop and candy, they still get a lot of cavities. (I have to insert that Savanna has not had a single cavity yet.) A year ago we took Mitch into the hospital and had him put to sleep and had all his work done, now a year later he had several more to do. Since last years bill was outrageously expensive by the time you pay the dentist, the hospital, the anestesialogist. We decided to try oral sedation rather than putting them totally out. It is so much cheaper. Well it worked, they got all their work done this morning, but I was not prepared at to what it would do to my boys. By some miracle, today was Reid's day off and so he decided to come with me. (Thank heavens!!) They started with Mitch and gave him the medicine and within a few minutes he was totally loopy, they got all his work done in about 45 minutes and when they brought him out he was totally out of it. We made the mistake of laying him on the couch, and when we looked away he fell off it. He couldn't even walk without falling down or running into something. Treyton went next and it was the same with him.

It is kind of weird because when they brought Treyton out Mitchel asked when it was his turn, he completely forgot that he was already done. We have been laughing at them because they are acting so funny! We can't let them walk anywhere with out helping them. When we got home I started making them some chicken noodle soup to eat and I looked over at Treyton and it was like slow motion he tried to pick up a toy on the floor and fell right on his head, he couldn't even put his hands out to catch himself. It's not supposed to be funny, but you can't help laughing. I was not at all prepared for how they would be after the appointment, but I am just so grateful that Reid is home today to help me.

9 comments:

Roxanne said...

That makes me laugh, even though I know they probably don't think it's very funny:) No wonder we don't care much for dental visits!

Shanda said...

Holy moly how cute! That made me giggle! Cute boys, yes it was a good thing your hubby was home to help ya!

Robin said...

So funny! And I agree that dentistry is way expensive! We're still paying on work that was done six months ago.

stevie kay said...

Do you have a video camera? Get this on film, you'll be able to laugh over it for years!

Holly said...

That sounds pretty funny! I'm glad your hubby was around to help, that would have been really hard all by yourself!

Nat said...

Oh my gosh, that's hilarious! I mean, it shouldn't be, but it is! Poor little guys.

Mikael and Danyelle said...

Oh my heck, that is funny! How long did it last?

Unknown said...

Glad to see you guys have a blog! I feel bad for your boys and their teeth. Poor little guys! Angie and Steve mentioned their poor teeth. Tyson has bad teeth too but he takes care of them like crazy. I think they're just soft. But who knows! (This is Alli Miller, by the way!) :)

Mickey said...

I remember when Ben came out after having his wisdom teeth done. it was really funny. He was a handful for me to get in and out of the car!. He is still a handful! And Roxanne was even worse than that. She kept talking about anything and everything! It really was funny. I am glad they are doing great now.