Tuesday, August 18, 2009

1/2 way to a resolution- not quite there yet.





Several posts ago I shared my frustration over the wrong spelling of Carolina's name on her birth certificate. They had it as Caroline, which is a perfectly fine name, but not her name. I had to fill out a correction (keep in mind I filled out the original paperwork correctly, someone either couldn't read my writing, or didn't look close enough, or decided that it couldn't possibly by Carolina). The correction had to be notorized, so I luckily have an aunt that is a notary so she did that for us. The correction was then sent back to us because we missed that she had to notorize it in two spots on the correction. So we had to re-fill out the paperwork, have her notorize it again- both spots this time. So finally I got the notice in the mail this week that the birth certificate is correct. But of course, they won't send me a copy of that without $13.00 and another form filled out, with a copy of my photo ID. In the mean time I get Carolina's Social Security card and it is also spelled wrong, so I call them. After waiting on hold for 15 minutes they tell me they can correct it with a copy of the corrected birth certificate which I have to pay to get. This is beurocracy at its best! But I guess I will do it so that my beautiful daughter will have her correct name on her social security card. GRrrr! (As aunt Val would say!)



2 comments:

stevie kay said...

Sorry. That's so frustrating! I cringe whenever I have to do something that deals with a government run agency. BTW, Carolina looks so much like your other kids! She especially reminds me of Treyton. So cute!

Nat said...

Ugh! So crazy. But once you get it all done, then it's done, thank goodness! She is SO cute, and I think she looks SO much like your other kids.

By the way, I wish people, especially those that type names into birth certificates all day long, would LOOK at names and their spellings in the first place. My poor Jakob-he'll have to be all "Jakob with a k, our last name with an e". We've cursed him. My sister's name is Karlenn-she gets stuff back all the time as Karleen, and Karlynn; she's like, do they think I don't know how to spell my own name?