Saturday, June 27, 2009

Frustration!

I am so frustrated because we named our baby Carolina, but last week we got the birth certificate info in the mail and they had her name as Caroline, and in order to fix it we had to fill out a form and have it notorized and mailed back. So luckily my Aunt Val is a notary and we filled out the form and she signed it and we mailed it back to the state. Well today in the mail we got Carolina's Social Security card and it is also wrong. Now I have no idea how to have this corrected. What a pain in the rear! Has anyone else had this problem? If so how have you resolved it?

This just bugs me because I know when I filled out the original paperwork at the hospital I had it correct as Carolina, so just because someone at the office didn't accurately input her name I have to go through all these hoops to correct it.

3 comments:

Layton Mom said...

We had the same problem with Ila. All we had to do after the birth cert was fixed was call SS and they sent us a new one.

Josie said...

How annoying. We had to have Asher's birth certificate changed also. I finally got around to it a couple of months ago because like you said, it's just a pain.

Nat said...

I was in Utah with Jakob (the SS came back spelled Jacob). I had to do TONS of work to get it corrected, including sitting there in the office thing. Big fat pain. But I have no idea how it would work in Idaho-you could probably find out online, I would guess. Good luck!