Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Oh my, what a day!

I woke up today with a renewed sense of energy and determination to get a lot done. I decided that since we will be having a baby here in less than a month that I needed to get some major things accomplished. This may have been my first mistake, because while I was trying to focus on cleaning the laundry room, and cleaning out cupboards and organizing a few things; these are just a few of the messes that happened.

Treyton drew all over the couch and entertainment center with a black permanent marker. I was able to get it off the entertainment center with the help of Mr. Clean magic erasers. No such luck so far on the couch.

While cleaning out a cupboard Treyton found an old bottle of lotion, and while trying to get the lid off it exploded all over him and my clean kitchen floor.

Just after the above incident was cleaned up he then found a bottle of kids paint that he managed to get the lid off and poured it all over the floor. (Luckily this was also washable paint.)

While my visiting teachers were here this evening Treyton had a major poopy diaper that I was unaware of, because he was in the other room with Savanna. She trying to help takes off his pants and his poop leaked all over the floor, causing not only the poop mess, but my Savanna to throw up. So I have to clean up poop and throw-up on the bathroom floor. (Luckily it only got on the floor not the rugs.)

About 15 minutes after that I was getting everyone out of the bathtub, while also trying to get dinner on the table and Mitchel starts having a coughing fit, and throws up on the carpet in the hallway.

During dinner, Treyton spills his milk all over the table, his food and the floor. (This happens about twice a week, so I shouldn't be surprised, but at this point I was finished, and about to cry.)

Reid I can't wait for you to get home from work!!!

8 comments:

Mikael and Danyelle said...

Oh I am so sorry Rachel!!! I hate days like that! I hope tomorrow is better!

Josie said...

Wow! Maybe I should stop with one child. Ok, not really. I could never only have one. I just don't know what I'm getting myself into yet. That is about the worst day I've heard of in a long time.

Whitney said...

Oh, my Rachel, I was just dying as I read sentence after sentence. It will be a better day tomorrow. Maybe you weren't supposed to tackle so much - I don't know, I just ache for you.

Layton Mom said...

Oh No! Why is it that kids have to make bigger messes and be the most devious when we are really determined to get something done? Do you think they do it to get us to pay more attention to them? This very easily could have happened at my house. I defintiley feel your pain!

Nat said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! That sucks! And it's even worse when you're pregnant! I hope it's just the one isolated day!

Sara Sargent Williams said...

oh my hell!!! Single is easy!!!

Lori said...

What a day Rachel! So sorry. I know what a headache it can be to have to deal with the kids alone at bedtime, and I can't imagine the drain after a day like that! Did you get any cleaning done at least!

Unknown said...

Oh, Rachel!! I just love you and really admire what a great and patient mother you are. I would have been driving away in my car at the end of a day like that! Good luck with your baby, let me know if I can help in any way.