Sunday, April 26, 2009

Mitchel is 5 today!

Today is Mitchel's 5th birthday. I can't believe that it has already been 5 years with this little boy. We are having a birthday party later on this evening for him and I will post some pictures from that later, but here are a few things that I love about Mitchel.

1. Mitchel is my 2nd child, and because he is in the middle I think that sometimes he doesn't get as much attention as my other children. I feel bad about this, but it doesn't really seem to bother him. I am also the 2nd child in my family (and so is Reid) and so I really relate to him in this respect. He is very independant, likes to do things on his own, and doesn't care too much about being cuddled or given too much physical attention. I am also very much this way. He does get his feelings hurt easily, especially by his older sister, she seems to know exactly how to push his buttons.

2. Mitch was such an easy baby, (maybey this is why he doesn't require too much attention now) because he was so easy I could just let him sit in a swing, or bouncer for long periods of time and it didn't bother him as a baby. However, he made up for this as a toddler. He was pretty grumpy and not easy to please until about the last year. Now he is much more pleasant, and fun to talk to. He does really well for the most part.

3. He is very much a boy- he loves trucks, motorcycles, 4-wheelers, hunting, riding bikes- all things boys. He can play in his room for hours with his hot wheel cars and be totally content. He also likes to work right along side his Dad, and he is learning to be a hard worker.

4. He loves to play with his cousins and friends, but especially his cousin's Cooper & Elijah. But if at all possible he prefers playing at his own house. He is very much a home body, I think that he just likes his own space. He has had a few sleep overs with Grandma's and Aunt Sara, but for the most part he just likes to be at home. (The last time we were in SLC he kept telling me he just wanted to go home- I'm right there with you son.)

5. He starts Kindergarten in the fall. I am a little bit worried about this, he doesn't have much interest in school at all. He has been going to Koala Kids since he was a baby and does pre-school there, but he just is not that into it. I have to force him to practice writing his name, and he is just barely getting it. I really hope and pray that he can do ok with school work (this is completely opposite of Savanna, so it is hard for me to force him to sit down to practice.)

6. Mostly I just love him because he is mine, I am so blessed to have the chance to be his Mother!








3 comments:

Shanda said...

How cute! They do grow up so fast!

Miranda said...

He was so cute when we snag to him today. I love his little freckles! Thanks for playing today, I miss seeing your face in Primary!

Nat said...

I can't believe he's 5! Time really flies, doesn't it!