Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thanks Albertson's

Something kind of funny happened today at work. The power went out because of all the high winds. Our cook Samera who we all love, was right in the middle of making bread sticks for the kids snack. The oven was on and ready to cook the breadsticks when the power went off. We had no idea how long the power would be off, so I called Albertson's on Broadway and told them our situation and asked them if we could use their oven. They so graciously let us come and cook our breadsticks in their oven. It was quite the adventure, Samera and I hauling 8 pans of breadsticks into Albertsons. We had a guy say to us, "Hey I didn't know they sold those here." We just said, "It is a long story." And left it at that. Of course by the time we got back to Koala Kids the power was back on.

4 comments:

Piano Gal Val said...

Rachel - So funny! I missed reading the part of this post that said "at work". so as I was reading I was thinking "WOW, she has a cook. How Lucky!" then I thought "8 pans! Wow, she goes all out!" and then I thought "Albertson's is so awesome!" Anyway, I then read it more completely and had to laugh at myself!! LOL

Shanda said...

Hey, just for the future, if you need an oven, we are not that far from you!! :)

Nat said...

What a fun little adventure!

Mickey said...

Rachel Melaleuca has no idea how precious you are. They would be lost without you. Just remember to take care of yourself first.