Sunday, March 8, 2009

Fun and crazy weekend in Utah

Mitch rolling down the hill
Treyton thinking he is pretty cool

Me getting some hot chocolate- looking really pretty (no shower)

Savanna, Emily and James- so proud of their snowman

Reid and the kids going down the hill on the 4-wheeler

Savanna, Alex, Emily and McKinley in the ice fishing hut

Savanna and Emily with the fish Savanna caught

Emily, James and Savanna

Savanna and Emily getting ready for bed

Mitch and Treyton getting ready for bed

We went down to Utah this weekend to go to our Brother in law's cabin in Park City. To get to the cabin you have to go quite some distance on a dirt road and then you come to a point where you can't drive in any further and so we took 4-wheelers the rest of the way. In years past before children we used to snow shoe in. But we have turned soft in our old age. The kids absolutely loved spending time with their cousins and ice fishing. Savanna actually even caught a fish. I mostly just sat in the cabin and visited with my sister-in-laws and was lazy.

When we went to leave yesterday afternoon Reid realized that when he was coming in, in his truck one of the chains that he had on his tires flew off and cut the brake line and so we had no brakes. He was able to get out on the dirt road by just driving really slow in a really low gear. Then once we got to Park City, he went with his brother Danny and found something that that made it possible for him to have some brakes into Salt Lake. Luckily I have a very handy husband and this morning he was able to go to a salvage yard and get the part that he needed to fix his brakes for cheap. I was just glad to be able to make it home to Idaho Falls safe and sound.

Last night we celebrated Aaron and Lori's birthday, Happy Birthday! We were all really ready for bed after our weekend at the cabin. Thanks Corri and Brad for having us and for being such great hosts- I don't think I would be that patient with having all those people and kids staying at my house.

(Mitchel was really cute, at bed time he would get sad and tell me that he just wanted to come home. I told him that I wanted to go home also, but we had to stick it out.- He is just like me, a home body.)

3 comments:

Shanda said...

How fun! Looks like you guys had a blast!

Nat said...

You guys are the traveling family! I need to do more stuff with my kids...

Garling Ranch said...

Fun Weekend!!! There is a ton of snow down there!