Monday, March 23, 2009

Family Home Evening

I just have to tell the cutest thing about Family Home Evening tonight. First of all, Savanna reminded us all during dinner that tonight we were supposed to have Family Home Evening. We do try to do it regularly, but we aren't perfect at it. So I thought that it was good of her to remind us. Then while Reid and I were cleaning up after dinner she went and got the gospel art kit and found a picture of Adam and Eve and told us that she wanted to give the lesson. So once we were finished with clean up we went into our front room (which we only use for FHE-we don't even use it for Visiting and Home Teachers like we thought we would.) We sang Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam, had a prayer and then Savanna proceeded to teach us about Adam and Eve. She told us that they lived in the garden with Jesus, and they had lots of yummy fruit to eat, except they couldn't eat this yucky fruit that Heavenly Father told them not to eat. And then Satin tempted them to eat the yucky fruit so they had to leave the garden, and they were sad. It was so cute to listen to her tell it, she was so serious about it.

After she was done, I tried to explain that it was actually a good thing that Adam and Eve ate the fruit and were kicked out of the garden because they wouldn't have been able to have children if they hadn't done it. She just looked at me like I don't get it- they did wrong by disobeying. I guess it is kind of a hard concept for a 6 year old to understand. So I just kind of left it at that, I guess you learn precept on precept.
Thank you good primary teachers that teach my children!

4 comments:

Josie said...

That is priceless! I wonder why she thought the fruit was yucky? Sorry I didn't come to Leah's bridal shower, especially since I invited myself.

Our Story said...

That is the cutest thing I have ever heard!!! Hooray for Savannah, she obviously pays attention in Primary! :)

Mickey said...

well, my sweet Savanna, even grandma still has a hard time understanding it! Day by day and then we will finally get it! She is a doll.

Roxanne said...

Man, I can't wait until Cody is older so he can remind us to have FHE. I guess that will be awhile though. That is awesome that Savanna can teach the gospel. Way to go!