Sunday, February 22, 2009

My best helper!


I just have to say that I dread Sunday mornings when Reid is working. Trying to get myself and 3 little kids out the door in time for 9:00 am church is quite the trick. But today was another story. I woke up at 7:30 and got myself in the shower. While I was getting dressed I heard something in the kitchen and when I went to investigate it was Savanna, she had gotten herself up and got her own cereal, eaten and was emptying the dishwasher. Then she loaded up the few dirty dishes that were in the sink. She got herself dressed for church and after I did her hair, she got Treyton up and dressed, helped pack my church bag with some snacks, combed Mitchel and Treyton's hair and we were out the door by 8:45am. This is a record even for mornings when Reid is home helping. Then while in Sacrament meeting I had to lead the music so she helped take care of the boys while I was on the stand during the songs. Now that we are home she is in her room organizing. (I don't know how she could be any better! I feel like she is a huge blessing in my life!) It makes me think that with her help maybey having 4 kids will be possible, and not so overwhelming. Thanks Savanna for being such a good girl!

9 comments:

Shanda said...

How darn cute is that!!

Shera said...

It's because she has such a good mom.

Nat said...

WOW! I'm so impressed! Last night I had our bag all packed and ready to go, and everything for my lesson; it really made a difference. Now if only I can get my kids to help out as much as Savanna did. It makes me excited to teach her piano lessons in the fall!

Roxanne said...

That sounds wonderful. I love those little blessings we get to enjoy, especially ones as cute as Savanna! Treasure every day!

The Staker Family said...

Wow, it does say what a great mom you are! That is awesome.

Jodi said...

That made me cry. She is such a sweet heart and I agree with Shera--she has a very good mom.

Mickey said...

Savanna you are awesome. It is so fun to help isn't it sis. It makes you feel good inside. How special for you to realize that mom is going to need help, and then just take over and help. You are a special little angel. wow mom, what a great person you are to not teach by example. you are awesome. love you

Mickey said...

ok Rachel, i just read my comment, and the not was NOT suppose to be there. You do teach by example. I was going to say that it is awesome that you do not criticize if it isn't perfect. But you know what i mean

Natalie♥ said...

That is so sweet!! I am so glad you have such a good helper that makes it easier for you.