Tuesday, January 6, 2009

18 weeks & New Year's celebrations

I went to the Dr. this morning for my 18 week check-up, so far everything is looking good with the baby. I was able to schedule my 20 week ultra sound for friday the 23rd. I am really excited to find out what we are having. Anybody have any guesses?

We had a really good New Year's this year. Reid didn't have to work and so for New Years eve we were able to go out to a movie and dinner. We watched "Marley & Me" which made me bawl my eyes out. And I don't even like dogs. And we went to dinner at Johnny Carino's. Reid' Mom so generously offered to watch our kids so that we could have a date night. But we were still in bed by 11:30 at night. I didn't even care if we didn't stay up and welcome in the New Year.

On New Years Day we went to my Grandpa & Grandma Romrell's house and had our annual soup party and played games with some cousins. It is always fun to get together and see some family that we don't get to see very often.

I spent the rest of the weekend hanging out with my family and playing lots of rounds of "wacky 6" and "phase 10". It was a lot of fun, but I am definately ready to get back on a regular routine.

In other exciting news Treyton went to nursery on sunday for the first time with no fuss and stayed the whole time. I knew that 9:00 am church would make a huge difference. It is pretty sad that he turned 2 in October and this Sunday was the first time he actually stayed in nursery. Oh well, better late than never!

Sorry I have no pictures this post, I have been bad at taking pictures since Christmas!

6 comments:

Nat said...

Let's see, I'm going to guess girl. Just because. I love Wackee 6 and Phase 10-two of my favorite games. My family plays Nertz, which is a lot like Wackee 6, but I like Wackee 6 better-it kind of evens out the playing field. I'm glad you got a date night. And I'm glad Treyton did well in nursery; my kids did okay with the time change, except for Brock-he takes his time waking up in the morning, so we'll probably struggle all year with him.

stevie kay said...

I'm not sure yet. Usually I feel pretty strongly one way or another on people and it's just not coming for this one. I'll say boy for now (because my family was one girl and three boys) and then I'll have to come back to it once I really decide!

Mikael and Danyelle said...

I am guessing girl, but I don't really know. I love wacky 6! I only wish my husband would play it with me. Well glad you had a good new year!

Shanda said...

Good job with the Nursery progress! I wish our church changed times, but we are still the same AGAIN this year!
Baby... I am going to guess a boy.
We love wacky 6 also! When we all get together we have to have more than one set to play and its a blast!

Our Story said...

I am going to say it's a girl. Then she and Savannah will be bookends and she will get to have two older brothers to take care of her :)

Natalie♥ said...

I am so excited to see what your new baby is going to be, I hope it's a girl, good luck to you!