Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Survey

Danyelle had this on her blog and I thought it was cute, so I decided to do the survey also.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper! I don't really like wrapping but this is the one thing that I do wrap for, Savanna has been my big helper at wrapping this year!

2. Real tree or Artificial? Real, I love having my real tree, except for the falling needles and having to keep it watered.

3. When do you put up the tree? We go and get the tree Thanksgiving weekend every year with Reid's family and then put the tree up usually the following Monday for family home evening.

4. When do you take the tree down? A few days after Christmas, I am usually ready to be done with it.

5. Do you like eggnog? No- yuck, but Reid loves it and makes it several times throughout the year.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? The homemade barbie house that my Dad built.

7. Hardest person to buy for? My parents just because they have most everything, but they are pretty good about making suggestions. I would say this year it is Ben!!!

8. Easiest person to buy for? My husband and children, just because I know exactly what they need and want.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? yes, 4 of them actually.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I mail them.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? If I put it down I would offend someone!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I love the Griswald Christmas Movie- it is a classic!

13. When do you start shopping? I didn't start this year until December, but it has turned out good, I find if I have less time I spend less money. If I start early I just buy more!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I have recycled some of the $10 gifts that you get at company parties- I have to admit it!

15. Lights on the tree? We do colored ones, I would prefer just white lights, but Reid likes the colored.

16. Favorite Christmas song? Silent Night, Birthday of a King, Oh Holy Night, and Special Night.

17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay Home- only traveled once with my family we went to Disney Land and to Arizona to see our Grandparents. I love to be home much better.

18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? sure can

19. Angel on the tree top or a star? we have a star

20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning.

21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The traffic on 17th Street. Not having enough money to get everything for everybody that you would like to and worrying about getting the right gifts.

22. Favorite ornament theme or color? We kind of do red and silver bulbs with just a variety of other ornaments. Maybey someday I will have a fancy tree.

23. Favorite for Christmas dinner? We do Steak and coconut shrimp for Christmas Eve dinner at my parents, and it is delicious!

24. What do you want for Christmas this year? I want some new pajamas and I need a new crockpot.

3 comments:

Natalie♥ said...

That was so fun to read! I am going to have to try that one. I haven't talked to you forever, I hope you are feeling good :)

Jodi said...

That is my favorite movie too! We have affectionately called my dad Clark for years!

Sara Sargent Williams said...

Hello! The worst gift you ever received was that dancing Christmas Tree - or whatever it was from your then boyfriend, Jason Andrus! That was gay!