Sunday, September 28, 2008

What a weekend!

This is the view from where we were sitting at the wedding
This was the only picture I could get of the bride and groom. It was really crowded and hard to move around, and we didn't stay the whole time so you can kind of see them up in the mountains.

I went to Salt Lake this weekend with my parents, my brother Steve and my Uncle Garth and his wife Amy for my cousin Dan's wedding. They had the wedding on Saturday night in Sundance, UT. We left friday evening and stayed with my sister Sara at her house. We had a lot of fun visiting and laughing. Saturday morning we all got up and went to Sara's gym to workout. It was kind of fun to see all our different styles of exercise. After our workout we went out to brunch, which was pretty interesting since we were all sweaty and stinky from our workouts, but we figured no one knew us so who cares.

After getting ready to head to the wedding we were driving and my Dad's van stalled and we couldn't get it started again. Since Steven was performing the wedding and we had Dan's ring we had to go ahead in Sara's car, so we left my parents with the van, hoping that they could get it started. Sara's friend Tamera and Jim came and got them, and got the van towed to a shop and they ended up eating dinner with them, and they missed the wedding. My Dad just didn't feel good about leaving his van at the side of the road. I felt so bad that they had to miss it, because I know that they were looking forward to seeing Steve do the wedding. Oh well, things don't always work out the way they are planned.

The wedding was in a really pretty place, we had to be shuttled up to the cabin that it was in. There were a lot of people there, and so it was pretty crowded. It was fun to see all the family, and I hope that Dan and Julie will be happy in their marriage.

When we got back to my parents in SLC they had rented a mini-van to drive back, and my Dad ended up staying in Salt Lake with Sara so he could get his van fixed. So Garth, Amy, Steve, my Mom and me came home last night. It felt like a long drive because it was late, but it was a fun trip and I am glad that I got to go.

The kids stayed home with Reid and it was kind of nice to get a short brake from Motherhood, but I always look forward to coming home and seeing my babies!!

1 comment:

Natalie♥ said...

Wow what a busy weekend you had. That was nice that you got to go. It was probably a beautiful wedding in Sundance!