Monday, September 29, 2008

What a day!

Today after coming home from work, I was trying to make some dinner when I heard a horrible cry. I ran to the scene and there was Treyton being comforted by Savanna with blood running down his head. They were running down the hallway when he tripped and hit his head on the corner of the bathroom door. I knew immediately that it needed stitches. It looked horrible, I thought he might pass out, but within a few minutes of me picking him up he stopped crying.

Luckily Reid was home and so I ran him to Urgent Care where the nightmare began. He completely freaked out anytime the nurse or doctor came in the room. They wanted to weigh him because they wanted to give him some medicine to calm him down, but he refused to let me set him on the scale. So I had to weigh myself while holding him, and then weigh without him. The calming medicine did absolutely nothing to sedate him so we had to hold him down while they did the stitches. It was so aweful, he was screaming and crying and I felt so bad for him. But they finally got him stitched up, and now he is as happy as always. It's like nothing even happened. This will be the 2nd big scar on his forehead, the poor kid is an accident waiting to happen!

8 comments:

Mikael and Danyelle said...

Oh poor kid! I would probably be freaking out just as much as he was!

Our Story said...

Poor Trey! I hope he's doing better now!!!

Jodi said...

Uh oh! I am so sorry to hear that. When that happens at my house I am going to call you, because I will probably pass out. You are much more brave than I am.

Nat said...

Poor kid! At least he's a boy; boys like having cool scar stories.

When Jakob was about 18 months old, he and Pete were playing on the bed and he fell off and smacked his head into the dresser drawer handle. He had to have two underneath stitches and four on top stitches. They had him strapped in a pappoose thingy and I had to hold his hands still, and there were two nurses holding his head still, and it still was hard for the doc to get the stitches done because of how much Jake was moving. And he was screaming hysterically the whole time. So...been there. It's tough to watch as a parent, but they live.

stevie kay said...

Poor boy! I remember when we had to take Landon in for stitches last year and I just remember how LONG it took. Hope he's feeling better now!

Shanda said...

oh my! So sorry! Glad he is doing ok! You are much stronger than me, I would have been bawling right along with him!

Natalie♥ said...

O my gosh Rachel! I haven't been reading blogs for a while, and I have been reading yours. I am so sorry. Poor Treyton. That is no fun for you or him. I am sure glad he is okay.

Shera said...

Ok your drama definitely beats mine! I am glad I did not have to hold Elizabeth down this time for stitches, or weigh myself with a hysterical child :) I am sometimes amazed that our children make it to adulthood.