Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tis the Season

I am a little nervous because with the beginning of fall comes the beginning of all the season premier's of my favorite shows, and I become a huge couch potatoe in the evenings! I have to admit I am a t.v. addict and I have several shows a night that I have set to record on my DVR. Tonight was one of my favorites, "The Biggest Loser", and of course "Dancing with the Stars" which this week is on 3 different nights! My kids also love those 2 shows, and I let them watch those ones with me because they are good clean shows. I also love "The Office", and "ER" (thank goodness this is it's last year, I can't seem to give it up even though it isn't that good anymore.) I love "Boston Legal", and "Grey's Anatomy" even though I shouldn't. There are a few others, but I can't recall them right now.

I usually have the shows recorded and then watch them after my kids go to bed, or in the morning while I am on the treadmill. I always feel kind of guilty that I am wasting my time and my mind watching, but I just can't help myself. I also feel kind of bad when Reid is home, because he is not a t.v. watcher except for the show "Heroes" and he will watch "The Office" with me because we laugh our butts off, so I feel lazy because he is usually working outside in the garage or around the house while I am watching my shows. I have to say that the invention of the DVR is one of the greatest in my lifetime- No more commercials, it is great! I hope none of you think less of me because of my addiction!

4 comments:

Nat said...

Oh Rachel, if you only knew how many shows Pete and I download to watch! And we don't even have a treadmill anymore so we just sit on the couch getting fatter by the minute! We also like Grey's Anatomy and The Office.

Zoe said...

Yeah, we watch lots of tv too! Not as much as we used to but still quite abit. My husband LOVES Heros and Lost, it's a good thing I like them too. We used to watch ER but there's just too many things to watch and then you get behind. I need to get a DVR though then it would be so much easier. I am a BIG reality show fan too, I love the Bachelor, how sad is that but I think it's great even though none of them hardly ever work out, I just can't help myself!

Shanda said...

Rachel!
No way! You are so far from lazy! You have how many kids???? That is MOM time!! I am also addicted to the Biggest Loser and my absolute favorite is SURVIVOR!! It starts tomorrow woohoo! I agree totally with the DVR! How did we ever live before that? So much nicer than having to been home to record it blah blah blah! Hey so how is Steve? Things good? I have been thinking of him since you mentioned his wreck!!
Have a good day!

Jodi said...

Thanks so much Rach for all your kind words and empathy. I know I am not alone. I really need to be careful about whining on my blog. It is just such an outlet sometimes. You are the greatest mom I know. I feel so much better knowing that you are so real. I totally love TV. Right before I had Rider I got on this kick about TV. I cancelled our Dish Network. It only lasted until he was about 1 month old and I called and hooked it up again. My husband if a football addict and I am the same as you Dancing with the stars all the way, but I have to sneak and watch it when Austin is in the other room. He think we only have one channel-Boomerang (Cartoons).