Thursday, September 4, 2008

My eye, my eye!!!

So now just imagine this picture with an eye patch over one of my eyes? Wouldn't that distract from the picture a little? Luckily I won't have to wear one.

I have been meaning to post this for a few days, but on Tuesday I had a near miss with my eye. I had just gotten home from work and was getting the van unloaded when Treyton found a socket wrench in the complete disaster area we call a garage. (This is another story.) I knew that my 1 year old should not be playing with a socket wrench so I had to chase him down to get it away from him. I picked him up and tried to take the tool away, and he did not appreciate that in the least bit and so his arms and legs started flaying uncontrollably and in the comotion of it all the socket part of the wrench went straight into my eye ball at full 1 year old force (actually he is almost 2.)

You can see the scene, I'm sure if any of my neighbors saw me they would have reported me to child protective services, because at the moment of impact it hurt so bad that I dropped Treyton as I fell to me knees in agony. With my hands up to my eyes screaming "My eye, my eye!!" I thought for sure that my eye ball was going to be gone. Luckily I had no more than a little bit of red eye, and a major headache for the rest of the evening.

3 comments:

Nat said...

Holy cow! I'm glad you're okay!

Miranda said...

Ouch, glad you are o.k., I am learning about the hidden strength of a little boy. Glad all is well.Though you could pull an eye patch off if you needed to!Glad you had a fun Labor day!

Shanda said...

Glad you didn't lose an eye! Hope your ok!