Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Mitchel's teeth


When we went to the dentist last week we found out that Mitch had a mouth full of cavitites. I knew that he had some because I could see them on the front. We had the front ones filled last year, but I guess the fillings came out. So when we went in for his cleaning I got the bad news that he has like 13 cavities. I was pretty upset, I felt like a horrible Mother. But Savanna had no cavities and we have the same routine for both of them, so I don't understand why she would have none and he would have 13. Anyway today we went into Mountain View Hospital and they put him out and fixed all his teeth at once. We decided that this was the best alternative rather than going into the dentist multiple times to fix a couple of cavities at a time.

He did really well, I was pretty nervous putting a 4 year old out, but all went well. When he woke up he was pretty groggy, and his oxygen was a little low but they got that taken care of. Before they put him out they gave him some medicine that was supposed to make him drousy, and all it did was make him loopy. He was laughing at everything and he told the nurse that he had 3 eyes. He kept telling me that he was going to catch that ball (there was no ball). It was weird to see him like that. I was so happy to see him awake and ok after it was all said and done. And his teeth look so much better now.

3 comments:

Miranda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miranda said...

I deleted my first comment cause I was signed in under my photo blog and wasn't sure you would know who I was anyways....Poor Kid! I hope he is cavity free from here on out! I haven't taken Liv to the dentist yet hope her mouth is o.k...

Benner said...

I had bad teeth when I was Mitchel's age too. I hate teeth. I wish they would just always work without any problems. Good for you for taking care of your kids Rachel! You're an awesome mother! And the Ross Park pics look like a blast. Holli and I wanted to get down there this year so bad, but things just didn't work out. Keep up the posts! I love 'em!