Saturday, July 19, 2008

Very busy, but fun week!!

Grandma Sargent riding the carousel

Mitchel & Treyton on their pony ride at the Melaleuca picnic

Savanna's pony ride

Our ride on the helicopter

Reid on the helicopter

Savanna and Easton on the carousel at the Rexburg spray park

Mitchel, Leah & Treyton on the carousel-they loved it!
Savanna and Trey at the spray park- they had so much fun!!

McKay, Ruth and Elijah at the spray park-McKay (1) loved it more than Elijah (3)

Mitchel coming down the slide at the spray park

Savanna, Elijah and Mitch (cousins) at the School carnival!




Savanna at the fishing pond at the school carnival

Linda and I making cotton candy

Wow, this week has been kind of a blur. We have had lots and lots of fun in the sun and lots of fun activities. On Thursday we had the annual Koala Kids Academy Summer Carnival. So I got to work early to do my assignment of making cotton candy. The kids love the carnival, we have a big bouncer set up and lots of carnival games to play and cotton candy and snow cones. The kids came home with lots of fun prizes and I came home all sticky and covered with cotton candy.

On Friday I got up early and did my long run (8 miles) in preparation for the Mesa Falls half marathon that I am training for. This will be the 23rd of August. Then we went to the Rexburg spray park with my Mom, Leah, Ruth and Angie and all the kids. It was so much fun. All the kids really enjoyed themselves. After we were finished playing in the water we rode the carousel. And I had a bunch of very tired kids (and Mom's) when we got home. By evening last night I was not feeling at all well. I had a bad headache and an upset stomach. I think that I may have had a bit of heat exhaustion. I had to go to bed early, but I am feeling much better today.

Today we went to the Melaleuca summer picnic at Riverbend ranch. I won a ride on Frank's helicopter. So Reid and I were able to go on a ride and it was so much fun!!! We had a blast, I think that Reid especially enjoyed it. I feel so lucky that out of the thousands that work there I was one of about 60 that got to go. The kids had fun playing on all the rides and blow up toys at the picnic and we had way to much cotton candy, snow cones and pop. But oh well!! Now they are all asleep so I can take a minute and blog.

Tonight Reid has to go back to work, but I am excited because I am going with Natalie on a "girls night out" and we are going to see "Mamma Mia" I have been so excited to see this movie!

2 comments:

Miranda said...

wow! that is a busy week! Very cool you won the helicopter ride! I didn't know you are training for Mesa Falls! I am impressed!

Benner said...

Reid texted me and said that he wanted to be a helicopter pilot when he grows up. :) How was Mamma Mia?