Monday, July 14, 2008

Campbell Family Reunion

This last weekend we camping by the Teton River for the Campbell Family reunion. (Reid's Mom's side of the family). It was fun to spend the time with family, but I came home with about 100 mosquito bites. Luckily Reid and the kids didn't get many. Other than the mosquito's it was fun. Reid took Mitch and Savanna fishing, and we went for a canoe ride with almost everybody. There were 6 canoes on the river together. We had quite the adventure. Lori and McKinley almost tipped over their canoe and Holly and Troy and their kids did tip over their canoe. Luckily everyone made it out ok. All the kids had fun playing with their cousins and we got to spend time around the camp fire hearing Mickey and Uncle Jeff and Aunt Claudia talk about old times. It was fun to listen to and get to know them better.

On Saturday we packed up camp and headed to Green Canyon. We had a picnic and then went swimming. This was the best part of the weekend, there were no mosquitos and the weather was perfect and the kids loved playing in the water. (And I loved being able to wash my hair!) After swimming we had another camp fire and roasted hot dogs, smores and cinnamon rolls. Yes, cinnamon rolls. It was kind of cool, you take those canned cinnamon rolls and put them on a roasting stick and let them slowly cook and they are delicious. All in all it was a great weekend. The bad thing was that I went to take pictures and my camera's batteries were dead. So I didn't get any pictures. I am hoping that Mickey and Lori will send me copies of theirs.

2 comments:

Mickey said...

I have some good ones and we should have loaded them off my camera tonite while you were here. keep reminding me. the kids look like they had a ball and I am excited that you got to ride with your dad!

Benner said...

Rachel, go to gallery.me.com/mickeygranmom and you can download pictures of Green Canyon and the Teton Reunion. If there is a picture you want to print off, let Mom know and she can send you a non-optimized copy.