Monday, June 16, 2008

Busy Father's Day weekend!

I feel like I can finally take a breath, after a busy weekend and Monday.

Friday night Reid and Mitchel headed off to Green Canyon for the Father's and Son's Campout. They had a great time and really enjoyed it. They went with Bishop Sargent and Easton and Cooper. Poor Easton got sick in the night and so it was kind of a long night for all of them. I guess he threw up and was sick all night. They got up and went swimming on Saturday, but Mitchel didn't really want to do it, so they didn't stay in the pool for long.

Savanna and I had a girls night out, while Aunt Lori watched Treyton for us. (He was still a little young for the campout.) We went and saw "Kung Fu Panda" with Sara, Leah, Val, Karlee and Elijah. It was fun and then we went out to dinner at Wingers.

Saturday afternoon Sara called and invited us to go to Babe's for lunch and before I could even make it home, I was so sick. I threw up and felt sick the rest of the afternoon, it was aweful. I wanted to work in my yard, but I ended up getting nothing done.

Saturday evening we had a Koala Kids Family BBQ and then after that Val had a house warming party at her new home in Parker. So we headed up there after the Koala Kids party. It was really fun, she had a bon fire and there were lots of kids there playing outside games. We were all just laughing and being silly. It was really fun.

Sunday after church we went to Reid's parents for dinner and a Birthday party for his Mom. It was fun to spend some time with them. Roxanne and Danny came from SLC to clean Mickey's house for her birthday. After that party we went to my parents to wish my Dad a Happy Father's day. By the time we got home I was exhausted. For Father's day the kids and I made Reid breakfast and gave him a thing that stores the hose. Kind of boring, but he said that is what he wanted.

I am thankful to have such good father's in my life. From my Grandfather's that have been great examples to me. To my wonderful father who has blessed my life so much. I am thankful to Reid's dad who taught him well, and to Reid for being such a great husband and father to my children. It is a great day to appreciate all they do for us. We should appreciate them more throughout the year!

No comments: