Friday, June 5, 2015

End of School Festivities

Savanna worked very hard all year to prepare for her 6th grade track meet.  She ran the 400 meter dash, the 400 meter relay and was set to run the 75 meter dash which was just for the fastest girl and boy in each school.  Unfortunately before she could run that last race they called the track meet due to lightening.  But Savanna got 1st place by a landslide in the 400, and her team came in 2nd on the relay.  It was so fun to watch her and I really hope she chooses to participate more in track in Jr. High, she is so fast!

I was able to go with Carolina's class on their field trip to the zoo, I am so glad I got to go with Carolina, she was so excited to ride the bus!

It was also Kindergarten graduation.  I can't believe my baby is done with Kindergarten, yes I shed some serious tears. Carolina loved her Kindergarten year and had a wonderful teacher Ms. Austin.   And if Kindergarten graduation wasn't enough it was Savanna's 6th grade graduation.  I cried and cried, I am not ready to have a middle schooler.  Savanna has had such an amazing year and has made some great friends throughout elementary!  She had an awesome teacher Ms. Johnson.  After graduation I was able to go help with her field trip and make the kids sandwiches before they headed off to a movie.

On the last day of school Reid and I went to the awards assembly, but I wasn't able to stay the whole time because it was taking so long, but Savanna won the "Oscar" award for her class it is for students in each class that follow the school motto of being brave, show integrity and so forth, she also had the highest reading growth in her class.

I feel bad because the boys didn't have any end of year things that I was invited to attend, so I love these boys just as much but I didn't have anything to report with them other than they each had fabulous years.  Mitch loved his teacher Mrs. Ferguson, and Treyton loved his teacher Ms. Andrews.  Let the summer commence!

Here comes my big girl!



They sung some great songs!

Mom and Dad with Savanna

Grandma Sargent

Grandma and Grandpa




great friends with their diplomas

great friends


Savanna and Ms. Johnson


Add caption
Add caption
Add caption
Add caption

Kindergarten and 6th grade picture












 

Carolina getting off the bus at the zoo field trip



Carolina at the zoo

No comments: