Saturday, July 19, 2014

The "Dirt Divas" Softball team

This year I had the chance to coach another one of Savanna's softball teams.  I wasn't going to coach this year because I feel like I don't really know what I am doing and these girls are getting to the point where they need a coach that has more experience than me.  But I am really glad that I did again one more year.  Trent DaBell coached most of these girls last year and couldn't do it this year so he asked if I was willing to do it.  This was a 4th and 5th grade league.  They were a great team of girls, I did end up adding a few girls from my team last year like Sydnee Shurtliff, Megan Hales, and Kayla Marchant.  Other than that it was a team that had been playing together for years.  We had a great season, we won more than we lost and the girls had a great time.  Janet Carter helped coach the team and she was really great and fun to get to know.  We got to the tournament and ended up getting 2nd place.  We were very shocked when we got that far, but the girls played so great that last day.  One of the teams we played we beat them after playing 2 extra innings due to being tied.  We then won Trent's team "Sweet Heat", that one was a bit of a shocker, because they are a winning team and I truly didn't think we could do it.  Our girls just had a really great game and they were all on that day.  The final game we played the undefeated team "Fusion", we could not beat them, but it was nothing to be ashamed of.  I really enjoyed this year of coaching and getting to know this group of girls.

Savanna played really well, she is good at Pitching, catching, first base, shortstop, and really any where that you put her.  She is also an awesome hitter and had several home runs.
Top Row- Me, Faith Carter, Sydnee Hunt, Sydee Shurtliff, Rebecca Cook, Kayla Barnes.
Bottom row- Kayla Marchant, Kaylee Hart, Brylee Killian, Mesa Winchester, Megan Hales, Janessa Huffard, and Savanna Fuhriman (missing was Ashlynn Nelson and Janet Carter)

Savanna pitching

Savanna catching

Faith pitching





2nd place team!

Me and my girl

coaches and daughters

 

No comments: