Sunday, June 1, 2014

Roland T. Romrell and Joy O. Romrell

This last week has been a pretty big emotional rollercoaster.  On Wednesday May 21 Grandpa passed away at his home.  Chris and Dale went up to their home to help put them to bed and found him dead on his pink leather recliner.  They were unsure so they called my Mom and had her and Ruth go up and double check, and sure enough he was gone.  Grandpa wanted to be able to take care of Grandma until she could go, unfortunately he passed first.  Thankfully I was able to go up and see him before the funeral home came and took him.  There was such a wonderful spirit in the home as all of my aunts and uncles and many of us cousins were there and had a wonderful prayer together.  We know that Grandpa had suffered very long with not feeling well.  But thankfully he was in his right mind pretty much until the very end.  He was so loving to Grandma over all the years of her suffering with dementia.  I will never forget the night that he passed, my aunts really wanted Grandma to tell him how much she loved him, she just kept saying "I already told him 10 times." 

We were blessed with a miracle when Grandma started failing the very next day after Grandpa died.  She had dementia and was not herself for many, many years.  We all thought that she would go first.  Two days later on May 23, Grandma passed through this mortal journey and was able to join Grandpa in Heaven.  I was able to take my children up to see her the day that she died, she looked very ready to go.

I feel so blessed to be a part of their family.  It has felt pretty sad the past few days knowing that they are gone, although it is such a blessing to know that they are in a better place, and that they are no longer in bondage in their earthly bodies that have held back their spirits. My Grandparents were such great examples of hard work, love and dedication.  I feel truly blessed to be their Grand daughter. 

Their funeral was a spiritual feast, it was really neat to be able to celebrate these two wonderful people during the same funeral.  I will miss having living Grandparents, but I feel so blessed to have learned from them to this point in my life.  Not many people my age still have living Grandparents so I know that I have truly been blessed.

















1 comment:

Mickey said...

Great picture Rachel. Love you