Saturday, January 25, 2014

The after-Christmas plague

Starting Christmas night I started feeling crappy, by the time I went to bed I was full-on sick.  I have not been sick like this for years.  Fever, chills, body aches, felt like my head would explode the works.  I never actually went to the doctor.  I am cheap, try to be tough, and I since Ruth is my sister I feel like she will take care of me.  I am sure I had the flu.  It literally took me two weeks to get better.  I felt so bad, I was the worst Mom and wife during this time period, and my poor kids had to sit around and do nothing during their holiday break from school.  But I could not lift my head off the pillow for days, and then after that I had no energy for days and days.  You know that I am really sick if I don't get up and exercise and if I call in sick to work.  I never do either of those things.  But I didn't exercise for a week and I didn't go to work for almost a week.  I just wanted to document this so I would remember to get a flu shot next year.  Both Treyton and Carolina got it too, but theirs didn't last nearly as long as mine (thank goodness)



No comments: