Saturday, September 4, 2010

Pocatello marathon

Today was the Pocatello Marathon, yes the one that I said I was going to run (at least the half). Well I was there today, but not to run. I chickened out :). I didn't do it for various reasons including, my asthma and allergies were really bad this year and everytime I ran I struggled to breath, our summer very busy and it was hard for me to fit in the time for the training, Reid was working a lot of extra shifts so he wasn't around as much so I could got and do the long runs, and I simply didn't feel as motivated as I should have. I felt bad today when wasn't running, but I knew that I wasn't prepared so it would have been ugly if I had tried. My brother Steve ran his first marathon today and we wanted to go and support and cheer him on. It was really cool, I actually got a little chocked up at the finish line seeing all the runners come across looking like they wanted to die, but it is such an amazing accomplishment.

There were lots of people from our ward that ran the full and 1/2 marathon today and that was really cool to see.

The kids waiting to see Steve come
Carolina
Steve, and Steve Pettingill


Almost to the finish line, he was struggling because his calves were cramping up really bad at the end.
Trying to recover

here comes my friend Sarah who I was initially training with, she did it--good job!

Sarah and her husband Jeremy! Good job guys!!
I love these guys!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, all those runners are amazing! I'm trying to prepare for a 5k, let alone a half marathon or a full! One day I'll get there!