Sunday, May 23, 2010

Dirt Bike races for young and not so young

Reid after the race covered with dust
That is Reid coming through another check point

Reid's friend Josh

The race is on- it scared me when it started because there were so many bikes to close together but as the race went on they spread out and it didn't seem as dangerous.


Reid before he started. I tried taking several pictures of him througout the race but I kept missing him because my camera is slow and he was going so fast!




Mitch on the motorcycle and Savanna on the 4-wheeler


Here comes Mitch

Savanna taking on the hill.


And Mitch




The starting line


Savanna and Mitch

Yesterday we went to Noise Park for some dirt bike races. They had two pee-wee races that Savanna and Mitchel participated in, and the regular race that Reid participated in. Our friend and their kids also participated in the race. The kids had a lot of fun, so much fun that they can't wait for the next race. (Darn-it, I was hoping they wouldn't enjoy it so much.) The kids race was about 20 minutes, and Reid's race was 2 hours long. They had a kids race before the main race and then another one after the main race.
For the first pee wee race Mitch rode the motorcycle and Savanna rode the 4 wheeler, and then the 2nd pee wee race they traded. They were both happy to get a chance to ride the motorycle. I was really glad that both of them were pretty cautious.

So all in all it turned into a really long day out in the cold, wind, rain, snow, hail, and dust. But Reid and the kids had a lot of fun. It was just Carolina, Treyton, Grandma Mickey and me that didn't have so much fun sitting in the car for most of the day eating cheetos. But it was worth it and fun watching.

3 comments:

Mickey said...

Hey I thought you had fun waiting in the car with Me!
They reallly do look great though. It was a long day, but I love to see the excitment in their eyes and smiles. I even loved the cheeto shirt when I got home!

Lori said...

You're a good sport Rachel! I know they have fun racing, but I don't know why. Glad they were safe.

Natalie♥ said...

O what a day it was!!!! But the kids and the "not so young" did have fun so I guess it doesn't matter if we had fun or not right?? :) We just go along for the ride remember that :) We still have more of these adventures this summer I just hope the weather is a little better for us! I emailed you some pictures I got.