Sunday, February 7, 2010

What a wonderful weekend!


This weekend we went to my nephew Easton's and our niece Emily got baptised. We felt bad because we could only go to one of them. Emily lives in Salt Lake so we ended up staying here for Easton's baptism. We hope that Emily knows that we love her and support her decision to get baptised. The baptism was wonderful, I always really feel the spirit anytime I go to a baptism, but this time maybey a little more because of how much I love Easton. I can't believe he is 8 years old. I still remember so clearly him as a baby and how fun it was to have a nephew. He is the oldest grandchild on my side of the family. He is a really great kid and I am so happy to be his aunt.

One of the best parts of the day for me was after the lunch we had at the Sargent's, Savanna, me and my Mom were going over to my parent's house and Savanna said to us "Don't tell anyone, but I kind of cried during the baptism." It made me feel so good to know that she felt the spirit. We told her that sometimes that is how we know that we feel the spirit is when we cry. I can't believe that in just a few short months it will be Savanna's turn to get baptised.

We got to spend the majority of the day on Saturday just hanging out with family. Sara and Shane came home for the baptism, and it was fun to just sit and visit with them. It is good to see Sara is adjusting to married life very well. We also got to hang out with Val and Layne who we don't get to see very often. It was just a nice relaxing day. Last night we got a babysitter and had a little date night over at Ruth and Kent's house. It is nice to get away from the kids for just a few hours.

1 comment:

Josie said...

That is really sweet about Savannah. What a great teaching opportunity!