Monday, August 24, 2009

We made it through our first day back to school!

Mitchel in his class. He gets to sit by Tyler Hansen and Gabe Bingham. And across from him at his same table is Dawson Abrams, Ally Staker, and Brylee Panchari. It is nice that they are all in our ward. Also in his class is Kaden Taylor from our ward- There are probably other kids too but I can't think of them right now.
Mitch and Savanna in front of the school
I feel bad that they had their jackets on and you can't see their cute shirts. (oh well.)
Sorry that you see my messyhouse in the background.

Treyton, Mitch and Savanna enjoying their french toast breakfst. I made them put bibs on so that the syrup wouldn't spill on their new shirts.

Today Savanna started 1st grade and Mitchel started kindergarten. It was a very good day. Although I felt like all I did was take them to school, turn around and go get Mitch and then turn around and go get Savanna. The day flew by since they didn't ride the bus today.

Mitchel said he likes school, which is a huge relief since he hasn't been very excited about it. I hope that he continues to like it once they actually get into the work. His comment that was funny was "We didn't get to play with the blocks because we ran out of time." They also did a little assignment and brought it home and where it has Name_____ he wrote just many random letters. He can't seem to get his name down even though I have been trying to work with him on it. I hope that he picks it up fast. Last week when I asked him to write it he was able to get Mit and then I had to help him with the rest.

Savanna acted like an old pro and had no problem whatsoever. She told me that they watched a movie about a girl named Rachel and that she was nice to everyone. (Their school is doing "Rachel's challenge" it is an anti-bullying campaign type thing and they are trying to teach the kids to be kind. Rachel is named after a girl that was killed in the Columbine shootings.) I think it is great.

We got up in the morning and I made them french toast and bacon. Which for me is a big deal since it is usually cereal or toast at our house for breakfast. I am not a big breakfast fan. The kids loved it. I hope that they don't count on it every morning- although I told them that I would make them eggs tomorrow. We will see how long this lasts. I think that the getting them to bed early is tough, but even worse is getting them up early. So we really have to work on this at our house. Last night they were to sleep by 9:00, which is sad considering I put them to bed at 8:00. Tonight I put them to bed by 8:15 and they are now asleep at 8:50 pm, so it is getting better.

Hopefully it will all become routine and get easier each night.
Here are some pictures from today.

4 comments:

Shanda said...

Very cute! Such big kids going to school! Tomorrow will be better

Lori said...

They're growing up!! You are such a good mom. I don't know how you do it all. I'm glad they both had such good first days. Can't believe it's back-to-school time already!

Nat said...

I love the bibs! I make my kids eat breakfast in their jammies for the same reason.

Roxanne said...

School days are so fun. Looking at your cute kids made me want to go back and teach! First grade is so much fun, and Kindergarten isn't bad either. I'm a little jealous actually! Love you guys.