Thursday, January 29, 2009

The good, the bad, and the ugly!

This has been a pretty good week so far, here is a short run down.

The Good:
1. I love my job, and feel very blessed to have it especially during these rough economic times. I am so fortunate to be able to take my kids with me. I actually very much enjoy what I do, who I work with and the chance I have to get out of the house twice a week, and that I don't have to work full-time!

2. Savanna has mastered her letter names and sounds in 1 minute this week! Yeah a major goal in the kindergarten world!

3. Happy 7th Birthday Easton, and 4th Birthday Elijah! I love you both and am so glad that I get to be your aunt!

The Bad:
1. Treyton has a bad cough and has been feeling pretty under the weather. I hope he starts feeling better before the weekend when we head off to Salt Lake for Roxanne's baby blessing.

2. Mitchel and mornings! What I am going to do next year when he has to wake up 5 days a week for school! It is the worst part of my week to try to get him up and out the door to head to Koala Kids. Once we are there it is fine, it is just getting there!

The Ugly:
1. Last night while trying to give Treyton some cough medicine, he threw up. Which caused me then to throw up in the kitchen sink full of dirty dinner dishes. Yes, very ugly!

2. My bank statement. I have never gone this long without balancing my checking account. It has been almost 2 months and I can't bear the thought of doing it. I want to switch over to quicken, but that would take effort!!!

4 comments:

Layton Mom said...

We just made the swith to Quicken and I love it. It is so much easier and well worth the initial set up.

Shanda said...

Hang in there! I had to chuckle at the throwing up part, just because I would be doing the same dang thing! Good job Savannah! So awesome!

Mickey said...

Rachel I am so sorry that Treyton has been sick. I hope he is feeling better now. He is just to darn cute to be sick. I am so proud of Savanna. the next time she comes over we need to look at some easy reader books I have downstairs. She will have fun with them. She has such a desire to learn. It will be fun to read with her.

Nat said...

Ugh, I HATE throwing up because of throw up! Especially when preggo...

GO Savannah for doing letters in a minute! Jakob can do the names in a minutes, but the sounds he's still at about 1 1/2 minutes.

I actually can't stand to not have my checkbook balanced. I've heard good things about Quicken but haven't done it for myself, but I think I'm too much of a control freak, and I have a really weird system going.