Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Me in Brooklyn New York


Ok, so I got home late last night after a long day of travel from New York. We had a great time and I am so glad that I went, but I am even happier to be home. Being gone made me appreciate my life here at home. I missed Reid and the kids a lot. But we really did have a great time in New York City and it was a great experience to see this different side of the country. We went to two Broadway shows, "The Lion King" and "Curtains" they were both really good and totally different from each other. Lion King was spectacular and beautiful but it felt a little long to me. Curtains was funny and great, I think that I enjoyed "Curtains" just a little bit more. We did a couple of different tours that took us around the city. This was great because we got to see the important sites like ground zero, Empire state building, and Central Park-very beautiful. we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge at night which was so cool because we saw a great view of the city at night. We took the Staten Island Ferry to Staten Island which gave us a great view of the Statue of Liberty. We went to the Museum of Natural History (where Night at the Museum was filmed) and the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Both were good-but not my favorite part of the trip. I am not much of a museum person. We shopped at the "American Girl" store-which was so fun to buy some things for Savanna and FAO Schwartz- where they filmed the Movie Big with the Big Piano in it, that was the most amazing toy store. Anyway it was great. We all got along good and were very patient with each other. I was really impressed with Sara and Ruth and their navigating skills. And I was really proud of my Mom for keeping up with us. My favorite parts of the trip were 1- Going to the top of the Empire State building. 2- riding the subway 3- the broadway shows, 4- the food, 5- Going to China town and illegally buying knock off designer purses. (Sara and Ruth getting in the mini van full of them.) 6- Getting on the Today Show. But it was all great!!!

No comments: